Monday, January 13, 2014

Seasons.....A Time For Everything


Yesterday, while talking with my sister-in-law, I was reminded of this verse.  What a great verse to remind us all that there are seasons of life and that we cannot stay in one season of life forever.

We all grow older and can't stay young forever. 
We all have very hard seasons of life that we go through and we weep and mourn, then it is time to laugh and dance. 
We all have times we can give more than receive and times when we must receive more than we can give.
We all have times where we must be quiet and other times we know we should speak out 
We all have times we should plant and other times we have to uproot.
We all have times we have to keep things and people and other times we have to let people and things go.  

Seasons are a part of life........you can either fight them or go with the ebb and flow.  My contention is that it is much easier to ride the waves than it is to fight the current.  

How do you feel about the seasons of your life? 




8 comments:

  1. Life changes just as the seasons do. And, while change can be uncomfortable it also can bring great rewards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Life changes and we can appreciate it or fight it. Fighting change just makes it harder in the end. We seem to be having parallel thoughts today, Peggy. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Laura, so glad I am not alone in my thinking. I have tried fighting change and it is exhausting! Thanks for your comment.

      Delete
  3. Change is inevitable. That is a fact that I long accepted. Managing through the winds of change is an art ... some times you have to adjust your sails, some times you just have to sail with the wind and see where it takes you. That moment of decision is what makes or breaks us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Luchie, it took me a while to accept change. I realized I was breaking up against it and that obviously was not working! Appreciate your comment.

      Delete
  4. sometimes i feel uncomfortable since i miss some of my old days such as college , tension free childhood. but then i cheer myself thinking it is time to enjoy new phase. great post. thanks for making us think :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean about missing those carefree days but new phases can bring exciting things too! I appreciate you stopping by and taking the time to comment.

      Delete