Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Snow, Snow, Snow


It is snowing here, in Eastern NC.  For many of you reading this snow is no big deal, however, here in Eastern NC, it is a very big deal.  When we get snow, it shuts us down.  Schools close, roads and bridges close, businesses close and we come to a screeching halt!  

This kind of weather makes me think about so many things:

1.  How thankful I am to have a warm home

2.  How much I miss having my children home to play outside and come in to warm by the fire and drink hot chocolate when they were ready for a break.

3.  How magical a world can look dressed in white.

4.  How each snowflake is only one but as a group it can create quite the scene (hmmm, a lesson in there somewhere)

5.  How sometimes I just need to stop.....stop and be thankful for what I have.  Stop and be in the moment and not thinking about all I have to do. Stop and appreciate the beauty of this world...whatever the season, whatever the weather.

So, I am signing off now.....to just watch the snow and drink in these moments. 



No comments:

Post a Comment